Deadline; 30th September
Women’s International Peace Centre is seeking a tech-savvy, creative, and globally-minded communications intern to join our growing communications team. Gain experience in communications at an international feminist organization and take part in amplifying women’s voices and power in peacebuilding across the globe.
Women’s International Peace Centre is a feminist organization, currently working within conflict and post-conflict countries in Asia and Africa. Our mission is to ignite women’s leadership, amplify their voices, and deepen their activism in re-creating peace. We use our home-grown approach to put women’s rights issues on the political agenda; amplify women’s voices; and catalyze women’s power to transform themselves, their communities and countries in conflict and post-conflict.
Our work includes;
- Research and generating knowledge on peace and security from a gender perspective.
- Strengthening women’s activist leadership, political participation, policy advocacy and movement building.
- Using diverse feminist knowledge and information to inform and influence institutions, policies, and practices that support gender inequality and violence.
- Restoring women’s bodily integrity and dignity (psychological, reproductive and gynecological health) in post-conflict settings
- An information and knowledge hub on women and peacebuilding.
Role and Responsibilities:
Your duties will include
- Publications, Design and Branding: Design a newsletter template in line with The Centre’s branding guidelines and work with the team to produce regular issues; Design and produce project and impact fact sheets with information provided by Project Officers; Design graphics for use on social media and other publications
- Multimedia Content Creation and Management: Produce videos reflecting stories of change among beneficiaries, as well as the progress and impact of the work of The Centre. Handle photography and maintain an accessible online bank of The Centre photographs, video clips and infographics for use when required. Contribute to website management and content creation.
- Media Relations: Maintain an up-to-date press kit and offer media training to colleagues as needed.
- Represent The Centre and optimize The Centre’s programs impact on various platforms as may be deemed relevant by the organization.
- Handle other communications tasks as assigned.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th September 2019