Are you looking for a unique feminist leadership opportunity? Have you been yearning to put commitment to women’s rights, your talent in fundraising, advocacy, and organizational development in the service of a great cause? If you are committed to promoting women’s rights in conflict, post conflict and in peacebuilding from a feminist perspective, we are looking for you!
The Women’s International Peace Centre (The Peace Centre) is looking for leaders like you to join our Board of Directors. Since 28 years, our volunteer Board has been at the strategic heart of our organization ensuring that our work on women’s rights, peace and security delivers real results, responds to changes in the communities we work with and upholds the highest ethical standards.
If you are one or more of the following, we’d like to hear from you:
- Resident of North African Region, Europe or Asia.
- Experience in fundraising for Southern based organizations with international policy engagements.
- Experience in policy advocacy and leadership using modern communication and campaigning tools.
- Proven track record of commitment to women’s rights from a feminist perspective, especially in conflict prevention and peace building.
If you hold yourself to high expectations, then you will find Board service very rewarding. We are looking for people who will:
- Attend at least three online and one physical Board Meeting annually.
- Give your time to organizational development in fundraising or governance in close collaboration with Executive Director and the Secretariat through occasional participation in one of the Committees.
- Be always curious to learn more about the field of peace and security and non-for-profit governance.
Send your CV and short motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org DEADLINE: JUNE 20th.