Deadline 16th September
Women’s International Peace Centre (The Peace Centre) formerly Isis-Women’s International Cross Cultural Exchange (Isis–WICCE) is a feminist organization with a mission to ignite women’s leadership, through amplifying women’s voices and deepening their activism to (re)create peace. To achieve this, the Peace Centre within its current Strategic Plan envisions a well-structured and continuously improved systems and structures that enable effective delivery on strategic results. The Finance department is a core arm of the organization that requires to be strong, focussed and supported to ensure resources are adequately accounted and reported to partners. Our aim is to push boundaries at higher scales, promote growth and strengthen capacity to improve our response to demands on our work area.
To this end, the Peace Centre seek the technical support of an expert to provide technical support and mentorship to Finance staff team.
2.0 Overall and Specific objective
The overall objective of the assignment is to strengthen the capacity and skills of finance staff for enhance performance against job roles requirements. More specifically, the assignment should:
- Improve the financial management capacity of Finance staff for improved performance.
- Improve knowledge of Finance team on current accounting and financial management practices.
3.0 Terms of reference for finance support
- Review the Finance system and structure of the Peace Centre to determine its adequacy to enable the achievement of organizations financial accountability;
- Identify existing gaps in staff financial management capabilities and develop a support/training plan to address the identified gaps;
- Review existing job description of staff to ensure clarity and separation of duties;
- Provide technical support and develop a framework for weekly, monthly and quarterly financial report to Management and Board of Directors as stipulated in the Finance Policy (i.e. monthly management report, Quarterly Board report, weekly budget forecast);
- Review existing Finance software to determine the level of understanding of staff on its use and applicability;
4.0 Expected outputs:
- An initial report of review of staff capacities and finance system and structures, detailing gaps and proposals to address identified gaps.
- A draft training programme for Finance staff
- Revised job description for finance staff including a clear reporting line.
- Report of training with an assessment report on each staff performance and clear action points for follow up.
5.0 Required Skills and Experience:
i. Demonstrated experience in finance management in an NGO sector
ii. Familiarity with current practices in accounting and finance
iii. Masters or Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting and Finance
iv. Critical thinking and analysis
v. Time Management
6.0 Application Requirements:
Application document, stating method of work. Curriculum Vitae, evidence of past related assignments, proposed budget and schedule.
Please note; Applicants can submit as individual consultants or as institutions.
7.0 Application Process
Expression of Interest including technical and financial proposals can be submitted as soft copy by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th September 2020. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Women’s International Peace Centre
Plot 1, Martyrs Garden B, Ministers Village, Ntinda, Kampala
P. O. Box 4934, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256 414-543953