Deadline; 16th September
The Women’s International Peace Centre and the Uganda Women’s Network are searching for qualified and competent candidates to fill the following positions on behalf of the Women’s Situation Room for the 2021 elections in Uganda.
The Women’s Situation Room (WSR) is a neutral, non-partisan mechanism that mobilizes women and youth to promote peaceful and democratic electoral processes. The WSR also promotes the enhanced participation of women in peace building in line with the United Nations Security Council Resolution 1325.
Founded by The Angie Brooks International Centre in Liberia, the WSR was first implemented in 2011 during the presidential elections in Liberia. It has, since then, been replicated in Uganda in 2016 and in other African countries including Senegal, Sierra Leone, Kenya, Nigeria and Ghana. It has been acknowledged as an effective mechanism for promoting peaceful elections by the United Nations Security Council and by the African Union, which requested that the WSR be implemented in all African elections.
The WSR involves all electoral stakeholders in consultative engagements to ensure peace before, during and after elections. It includes a physical Situation Room where women are involved in advocacy for peace; political and legal analysis of the situation; and interventions that may include mediation to avert conflict.
The overall objective of the WSR Uganda 2021 is to promote the full and active participation of women and youth in ensuring peaceful elections and to contribute to the strengthening and refinement of the WSR mechanism for ensuring peace in African elections. The Women’s Situation Room Uganda will be hosted by Uganda Women’s Network (UWONET); with the Women’s International Peace Centre serving as the WSR Secretariat.
The Women’s Situation Room is a non-partisan space, and candidates applying for any of the positions must be committed to being neutral and non-partisan during the full course of their assignment with the Women’s Situation Room.
Deadline – 16th September 2020
Interested candidates should send applications and CVs including three references with contact details and copies of academic and professional testimonials by email to: email@example.com
The Executive Director,
Plot 1 Martyr’s Garden B,
Minister’s Village, Ntinda,
Any inquiries should be submitted through the email addresses listed above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. The successful candidate should be able to start immediately.
Job title: Finance Assistant
Number of Positions: 1 (One)
Duty Station: Kampala
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Contract Term: 18 Months
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports as per donor contractual guidelines and institutional financial policies
- Preparation of budgets, budget monitoring and analysis of reports
- Provision of financial support and financial reports and monthly reconciliations
- Processing of payments, review of accountabilities and verification of all invoices and requisitions; ensuring that adequate supporting documents are in place in line with institutional financial guidelines and regulations
- Management and timely replenishment of Petty cash in line with institutional procedures
- Ensuring all financial documents are properly documented, filed and safely stored
- Support to internal and external financial audit processes.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance Certified Public Accountant or hold CPA, CFA, CPMA
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in accounting/finance with any bilateral or International funding or non-profit development agencies
- Experience in developing project budgets and financial management system
- Experience in facilitating development of accounting software
- Significant knowledge of international donor financial reporting procedures and the Government of Uganda policies, rules and regulations.
- Fluency in English is required