We are looking for a suitably qualified, experienced and result-oriented person to fill the position of Finance Manager!
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will assume a leadership role of ensuring real-time financial data and reports to enable internal decision- making processes, timely reporting of project funds as well as accountability for the funds disbursed to staff, ensuring compliance to the appropriate principles and procedures, and regulatory compliance in order to improve the overall financial aspect of the organization
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the financial planning process; (Financial strategies and (Financial strategies and forecasting, budgeting for The Peace Centre undertakings (annual, new initiatives, strategic plans, departmental)
- Lead the process of developing and updating the Financial Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Manage the effective application and adherence of The Peace Centre financial policy, procedures and controls in all departments and at all levels.
- Continuously review, evaluate and develop the internal financial systems to maintain the full financial integrity of the organization
- Payroll management (employee pay records and benefits)
- Preparation of budgets and funding requests.
- Ensure effective undertaking of the accounting function in The Peace Centre.
- Control and monitor budgetary utilization by the various programmes and sections and advise the ED and management team on performance trends.
- Monitor budget performance against actual on a periodical basis and advise the ED accordingly
- Plan and prepare for the Auditing function in The Peace Centre.
- Ensure responses to audit queries, adaptation and implementation of audit recommendations, especially in regard to systems strengthening.
- Prepare periodical financial reports to facilitate management, Donors and Board decisions.
- Monitor income realization against targets and ensure that manageable funding gaps within the available resources are bridged.
- Keep the ED regularly informed of the current financial situation of The Peace Centre.
- Ensure The Peace Centre compliance to tax laws, financial regulations and procedures to which she is obliged.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate for the Peace Centre Finance Manager job opportunity should preferably hold a;
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration (Finance), Commerce, Statistics or associated discipline from a reputable institution;
2. At least level Four Professional qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA).
3. Five years’ experience in a related field;
4. Experience in QuickBooks accounting package is an added advantage.
5. Proven strategic planning experience at the management level
6. Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
7. Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
8. Strong communication and presentation skills
9. High level of financial discipline and integrity
10. Attention to detail and accuracy
11. Ability to meet deadlines with minimum supervision;
12. Strong Interpersonal skills
13. High level of integrity
How to Apply: All candidates who desire to join Women’s International Peace Center should send their application letter and resume to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 14th June 2020