The Peace Centre developed a training curriculum on peacebuilding and conflict transformation that serves as one of the institutional mechanism to provide content, process and tools for Early Warning, Early Response and Conflict Transformation work. The Curriculum has been customized to enhance skills and attitude of targeted participants to effectively promote governance, peace and development that is gender-responsive.
Request for Expression of Interest
Women’s International Peace Centre plans to conduct trainings on peacebuilding and conflict transformation using the training curriculum developed by The Peace Centre. The participants of the training include women leaders from Yumbe, Adjumani and Kotido districts. The Peace Centre invites eligible and qualified individuals to indicate their interest in conducting the training. The focus is to promote women’s effective participation in peacebuilding in the host and refugee communities of Yumbe, Adjumani and Kotido Districts.
Objectives of the assignment
- To enhance peacebuilding, conflict transformation and mediation skills among women peace committees.
- To support participating institutions to mainstream gender in peacebuilding
- To prepare a reflective report on the training observations and outcomes
Required Qualification, Skills and Competencies
- First Degree or Masters in the field of social sciences, gender and development, conflict and peace studies, development studies, social work and social administration, mass communication or any other relevant subject area.
- Demonstrate experience in conducting trainings on peacebuilding, conflict transformation and mediation in both the refugee and host communities.
- Have a deep and thorough understanding of feminist leadership. iv. Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills.
Application Process Expression of Interest clearly marked “Expression of Interest to conduct a training on peacebuilding/mediation” can be submitted as a soft copy through email address email@example.com.
Hard copies can be dropped at the address below on or before 17.00hours local time on Friday 29th November 2019. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.